[Mediawiki-l] messed with xhtml_slim.pt, permissions error

Rowan Collins rowan.collins at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 12:57:09 UTC 2004

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 20:39:03 -0900, Chris Lott <chris.lott at gmail.com> wrote:
> I thought I would get tricky and strip the lines out of the
> xhtml_slim.pt template for the Community Portal in the navigation
> section. Once I did that, I started getting a stream error
> (permissions problem):

Hm, have you accidentally changed the file's permission bits?
Otherwise, I've no idea.

But I wanted to point out that, once you get the template working
again, there's an easier way to do this anyway: setting the name of
the portal link to be empty [""] should hide it completely. I'm afraid
I don't have a 1.3 install working to play with, but although
languages/Language.php suggests you do it there, I suspect you
actually need to do it in the database by blanking the
[[MediaWiki:Portal]] article in the wiki.

--
Rowan Collins BSc
[IMSoP]