[Mediawiki-l] Multiple languages

James Gardiner jamesg at womble.org
Mon Nov 15 11:28:49 UTC 2004

Morning!

I am building a web site for a family member who is in the process
of completing a PhD and MediaWiki looks like the ideal CMS to use
as they will be able to update their own web site (delegation is
always important :-)

Two questions:

1) There may be a need to have certain pages in multiple languages.
   Is the best way to do this for a small site is to add a language
   identifier to the page title eg:

   here is the CV in [[CV.en|English]] or in [[CV.nl|Dutch]].

   Is there a way to do this and still have a more readable title eg
   "English CV" rathern than "CV.en"?

2) I see from the LocalSettings.php that it is possible to prevent
   access to certain pages for users who are not logged in.  Do I
   need to list all the pages I want blocked or is it possible
   to do wildcards eg internal*

TIA

James