[Mediawiki-l] Re: developers guide?

Ashar Voultoiz hashar at altern.org
Sat Nov 13 03:56:53 UTC 2004

Michael wrote:
> Is there a developers guide for MediaWiki? Unfortunately the code
> doesn't seem to be well documented as far as comments and such go. Tsk
> tsk. ;)

Hello Michael,

Let's have an overlook at the documentation available for MediaWiki:

_ ./doc/ in the MediaWiki software package
_ http://wikipedia.sourceforge.net/mwdoc/ automaticly generated
documentation for HEAD. Basicly parse comments from source code.
_ http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/How_to_become_a_MediaWiki_hacker

I learned code by fixing little bug, sometime I spent the whole evening
to fix a minor bug. Now that I know the code a bit more, I can move
around without needing any documentation.

A good ressource is the present mailing list, you might want to come
idle in #mediawiki irc channel on irc.freenode.net :o)

--
Ashar Voultoiz - WP++++
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Hashar