[Mediawiki-l] Installation

JanBro janbro at web.de
Mon Nov 8 22:38:01 UTC 2004

Hi List,

I hope this hasn't been asked before, if so, I apologize, I haven't found
it.
I know this is a problem of mysql 4.1 <--> php 5.

the problem with the workaround of the new authorization of mysql. Usually
i get around this by using the dos box with set user password
=old_password.....

but what can I do to fix this problem here?

thx Jan

P.s. or is there a way to switch to mysqli?

MediaWiki 1.3.7 installation
Please include all of the lines below when reporting installation problems.

Checking environment...
PHP 5.0.0: the MonoBook skin will be disabled due to an incompatibility
between the PHPTAL template library and PHP 5. The wiki should function
normally, but with the older look and feel.
PHP server API is apache2handler; ok, using pretty URLs
(index.php/Page_Title)
Have XML / Latin1-UTF-8 conversion support.
PHP is configured with no memory_limit.
Have zlib support; enabling output compression.
Found GD graphics library built-in, image thumbnailing will be enabled if
you enable uploads.
Installation directory: C:\internet\webpages\mediawiki-1.3.7
Script URI path: /mediawiki-1.3.7 Warning: $wgProxyKey is insecure
MySQL error 1251: Client does not support authentication protocol requested
by server; consider upgrading MySQL client