[Mediawiki-l] always being redirected to localhost

Roberto Winter rhwinter at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 14:32:51 UTC 2004

Hi everybody,

I just recently ran across the Debian mediawiki install guide
(http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Running_MediaWiki_on_Debian_GNU/Linux)
which I followed and installed everything as described. Or so I
thought... Since I was testing everything using the same machine where
I had installed it (locahost) there were no problems. But when I try
to access the page from outside I get lots of errors, because I'm
constantly being redirected to localhost... and I have no idea why.

A better description of what is happening is here:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Running_MediaWiki_on_Debian_GNU/Linux#localhost_problem...

Could you please help? A wiki that people can't get into is of no use :(
I really would like to have this fixed.... by the way, this is
probably one of the best projects I've seen, great job to all
developers!!

Thanks a lot,

Roberto.