[Mediawiki-l] Re: Database Backup system?

Jamie Bliss astronouth7303 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 21:34:02 UTC 2004

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 03:17:07 +0100, Ashar Voultoiz <hashar at altern.org> wrote:
> [clip]
> I personally use mysqldump other all my databases every 15 days or so
> and zip / archive the dumps on an other disk.

Yeah, that's what my host will do when he automates the backup process.

I wrote a PHP script based on phpMyAdmin that automates it and outputs
the result. (Basically, I set global variables and included Export.php
at the end. I also changed Export.php a bit so that it will ouput the
raw file as opposed to HTML.) I'll send it to anyone who want's it.
(It doesn't include any server-specific data, but you'll have to set
up your config file first).
Jamie