[Mediawiki-l] Uppgrade problem 1.2.4 to 1.3.0beta3

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Mon Jun 28 18:45:30 UTC 2004

Hanke Penning wrote:
>>It would be a great help if you could add a print statement or something
>>to dump the name it's dying on. Otherwise there is NOTHING we can do,
>>since we don't have your database.
>

> Print-Statement? I'm just try to get the main page. German language =
> Hauptseite. The main page is blank, all other pages are blank.
> The only response is in the webservers error log.

Well, de.wikipedia.org has a Hauptseite that works just fine, so we need
a little more to go on.

Add this line right above "$title = $title->getSubjectPage()":
	print "<p>makeArticleUrl: '$name', '$urlaction'</p>\n";

Can you check if this happens on any page or just the Hauptseite? Try a
special page, like Spezial:Specialpages or Spezial:Recentchanges or
Spezial:Userlogin or Spezial:Version. Try a page that doesn't exist. Try
another page that you know exists.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)