[Mediawiki-l] Re: Is there any way of combining pages dynamically

Rowan Collins [IMSoP] siu01rc2 at rdg.ac.uk
Fri Jun 18 20:20:31 UTC 2004

Arne Meyer Hansen wrote:

> Question:
> Is there any way of combining pages dynamically, so that I e.g. can set up
> a metapage of sorts that imports the content of each of the manual's pages
> dynamically?

Yes. The template system in 1.3 allows any page to be "transcluded" as though it were a template.
Just use {{page_name}} - but note that to get something from the main namespace (i.e. just
[[Page_name]] not [[Project_name:Page_name]] or whatever) you have to use {{:page_name}}, otherwise
it will assume you're referring to [[Template:Page_name]] not [[Page_name]].

Hope that makes sense.

--
Rowan Collins
[IMSoP]