[Mediawiki-l] Wiki-specific MySQL settings

Plamen Gradinarov plamen at orientalia.org
Fri Dec 3 15:00:43 UTC 2004

"Brion Vibber":
<You might want to see about memory and I/O usage here. If MySQL's
memory usage settings are too low, it may be using the disk
inefficiently; if it's too high, it may be thrashing swap.>

I'd like to, especially in the face of the fact that after 15 hours of
intensive indexing, the disk with all server databases collapsed (there was
nothing else on it, only the mysql db files - about 15 GB used out of 120
GB).

Here are my.cnf settings
I would appreciate any corrections and suggestions.

[mysqld]
datadir=/disk2/mydbs/mysql
socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
skip-locking