[Mediawiki-l] Blank page after posting the install form

Jure Spik webdesign at carpediem.si
Wed Dec 1 14:11:35 UTC 2004

Hello, I see this is quite a common eror, but I'm sorry, I have to ask
you how to resolve it, as I'm clueless why the installation script
returns just an empty page.

This is the result after starting setup on my webserver (to which I have
e-mail access only =)
MediaWiki 1.3.8 PHP 4.3.3: ok

    * Warning: PHP's register_globals <http://php.net/register_globals>
      option is enabled. MediaWiki will work correctly, but this setting
      increases your exposure to potential security vulnerabilities in
      PHP-based software running on your server. You should disable it
      if you are able.
    * PHP server API is isapi; unknown; using pretty URLs
      (index.php/Page_Title), if you have trouble change this in
      LocalSettings.php
    * Have XML / Latin1-UTF-8 conversion support.
    * PHP is configured with no memory_limit.
    * Have zlib support; enabling output compression.
    * Found GD graphics library built-in, image thumbnailing will be
      enabled if you enable uploads.
    * Installation directory: D:\www\company\sitename.com\www\bazaznanja

      Notice: Undefined index: REQUEST_URI in
      D:\www\company\sitename.com\www\bazaznanja\config\index.php on
      line 306
    * Script URI path:

      Notice: Undefined index: SERVER_ADMIN in
      D:\www\company\sitename.com\www\bazaznanja\config\index.php on
      line 312

I can fix those two warnings by substituting the values in
config/index.php but it doesn't matter... After I press "Install!" I get
just an empty page.

Any ideas what to try out? Server is w2k3, IIS6