[Mediawiki-l] 1.3.1 installation hangs up after Script URI path

Burgy Zapp bzapp at rlpserver.de
Sat Aug 21 03:43:32 UTC 2004

Have been fighting the hole night gave up when sun woke up again.

this is the report of the install script:
_____________________________________begin line 1
a.. PHP 4.3.4: ok
a.. Warning: PHP's register_globals option is enabled. MediaWiki will work
correctly, but this setting increases your exposure to potential security
vulnerabilities in PHP-based software running on your server. You should
disable it if you are able.
a.. PHP server API is cgi; using ugly URLs (index.php?title=Page_Title)
a.. Have XML / Latin1-UTF-8 conversion support.
a.. PHP's memory_limit is 8M. If this is too low, installation may fail!
Attempting to raise limit to 20M... ok.
a.. Have zlib support; enabling output compression.
a.. Found GD graphics library built-in, image thumbnailing will be enabled
if you enable uploads.
a.. Installation directory:
/home/kunstibw/www.kunstbewegung.info/kulturprogramme
a.. Script URI path: /kulturprogramme
_____________________________________end

then install gives up and page is never completed

I read through the complete discussions about install problems and to picked
up several idears like
solution 1 ob_implicit_flush();
and solution 2 die("Got this far"); debugging
took me a while but I found out that depending on which language I choose
the breaking point in the script is at a different line
in setup.php

_____________________________________begin line 149
# if language is german latin1 code processing stops here     die("Got this
far");
# between here and
wfProfileOut( $fname.'-database' );
wfProfileIn( $fname.'-language' );
require_once( 'languages/Language.php' );
$wgMessageCache = new MessageCache;
# there for german latin language
_____________________________________end
_____________________________________begin line 178
# if language is english code processing stopps here     die("Got this
far");
$wgMessageCache->initialise( $messageMemc, $wgUseDatabaseMessages,
$wgMsgCacheExpiry, $wgDBname, $wgSecondaryMessageDB );
_____________________________________end

could it be possible that after all it could be solved by enlargeing the
memory limit up to 20mb.
but the install script said ok at that point?

PLEASE help any solution eg "installation by hand" will be wellcomed with
enormouse joy.

here is a php info http://www.rlpdatenatelier.de/serverinfo/phpinfo.php
the installation of wiki will be here
www.kunstbewegung.info/kulturprogramme/
but the information in the phpinfo.php is nevertheless the same server etc.

Thank you for any help with best greatings from Berlin
your burgy zapp

PS I have no idear where I can get the php error log files from because we
use a stupid providertool for the server
which mess up all standards and I am merely a semiprofessional