[Mediawiki-l] mysql grant problems with installation

justin flavin justin at global-investor.com
Wed Aug 11 11:37:34 UTC 2004

my webserver and database server are separate boxes. I'm running the media
wiki install script ,and it creates the wiki database and tables perfectly
fine, but the grant sql statements fail.

Query "GRANT ALL ON `wikidb`.* TO wikiuser@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'blah'" failed
with error code "Access denied for user: 'root at XX-XX-XX-XX' to database
'wikidb'".

where XX-XX-XX is the ip address of my database server.

i'm installing the latest 1.3 beta6 version of mediawiki.

anyone got any pointers as to what's going wrong?

thanks.

--
Jf, sysadmin