[Mediawiki-l] Nightly Install Problem: Blank white index.php?

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Fri Aug 6 18:13:34 UTC 2004

 >Any further thoughts on this? I'm not sure where else to explore.

I've seen this asked a few times in the mediawiki-l
archives, so just go over what I've fiddled with:

  * I've confirmed that the MySQL PHP extension exists.

  * I've turned on debugging, and only received a single
    header dump within debug file. I can provide it upon
    request, but there doesn't look to be anything
    interesting in there.

    Mozilla receives no data from the service. That literal
    output has nothing to do with PHP - my apologies.

  * Adding display_errors at various points in various files
    doesn't help at all (but, as confirmation that php error
    logging IS working, if I make a syntax error in my
    meanderings with MW, that is logged successfully).

  * Attempting URLs like index.php?title=Special:Specialpages
    gave me the same browser behavior, and besides the expected
    GET change, the same header output in the debug log.

--
Morbus Iff ( you are nothing without your robot car, NOTHING! )
Spidering Hacks: http://amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0596005776/disobeycom