[Mediawiki-l] site defaced

Greg Rundlett greg at freephile.com
Fri Aug 6 14:59:42 UTC 2004

My website was just defaced, and I have not yet had a chance to
investigate the exact causes.  The script-kiddie was able to upload a
php shell creation script + php-explorer and others.

I installed mediawiki in the last two weeks, and the folder is now
gone.  I'm wondering if mediawiki is known to be secure with
allow_url_fopen set to on?  Are there any known vulnerabilities in
mediawiki?  I do not know the exact vulnerability that caused my site to
be owned, and there may have been mulitple vulnerabilitites, I'm just
asking what if any info you might have in this regard.

Thanks,
Greg

--
FREePHILE