[Mediawiki-l] Basic Mediawiki debugging

Eugene Debs eugenedebs2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 5 18:45:29 UTC 2004

Hi,

I have a vanilla version of MediaWiki 1.2.6 installed
and it's been running fine for a long time.
Yesterday, it suddenly stopped and I don't know why.
The symptoms now are when you go to the main page,
wiki/index.php, the request fails.

Using Apple's Safari browser this appears like so:

  Safari can’t open the page
“http://167.167.212.71/wiki/index.php” because it
could not load any data from this location.

Internet Explorer returns this:

  The attempt to load 'Accessing URL:
http://167.167.212.71/wiki/index.php' failed.

I've checked PHP and mysql and at first glance they
seem normal.  What else can I try?  Is there any log
kept anyplace to check?

Thanks,
Eugene