[Licom-l] A pre-event announcement

Robert Rohde rarohde at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 06:59:18 UTC 2009

I've created [1] for coordination.  It provides my draft text,
slightly tweaked, in a form suitable for either on-wiki posting or
emailing to a community email list.

[1] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Licensing_update_committee/Announcements

It also contains a sign-up list to help ensure we don't double post.
Please go ahead and sign up now for communities and languages you are
familiar with.  I seeded this with the 20 largest communities,
representing ~85% of editing, so that we ensure good coverage, but
feel free add any additional communities you intend to message.

I've also proposed an arbitrary start time of Saturday afternoon to
allow for any last minute concerns about the message.  Feel free to
tweak it directly or use the associated talk page.

I'd like to suggest that the first batch of messages focus on
communities and languages that we collective know, and that we wait
till Sunday for the ones we are less familiar with.  That way
communities have the best chance of getting a personal touch from
someone they know (and who knows them) before we jump into messaging
communities that are less familiar to us.

-Robert Rohde

P.S. I'm not sure how "shortly" turned into 8 hours, but sorry for the
delay in getting this set up.