[Licom-l] Document review - motivation for the license change

MF-Warburg mfwarburg at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 18 16:32:14 UTC 2009

> The "Licensing update" page is short on motivations.  I think it needs a
> strong early statement about why we're going to all this bother.

I agree. Even the FAQ's first section and the vote header contain better
motivations.

> It's not clear to me whether the text should have a neutral point of
> view on whether to change the license, or whether it should advocate
> for the change.  The Trustees clearly desired change of some sort,
> and this change is what has been worked out so far.

Since "as a group the committee is officially neutral" we should either have
neutral pages or pages which contain reasons for and against the change; but
as there might be nobody opposing the change who will give arguments, the
pages could only include pro-changing statements (like the FAQ does yet).