[Licom-l] GFDL 1.2

Andrew Leung andrewcleung at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 21 01:22:38 UTC 2009

It's been pretty quiet for past few days. Could I get a Commons admin here as discussed earlier to place a header announcements to encourage editors using GFDL 1.2-only permission to switch over? The link should point to http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:License_Migration_Task_Force/Licensing_change_by_uploader because I have pretty much cut down all the information to the bare minimum so that users don't have to navigate through textblocks.

While English Wikipedia has phrased out the upload of GFDL 1.2-only images since April 14, 2009, we don't know whether other languages have also phrased out or have some sort of action plan in place. I have just started http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Licensing_update/Project_Transitions so we won't forget non-Commons 1.2-only files.

Andrew

"Fill the world with children who care and things start looking up."