[Licom-l] Outreach

Ryan Kaldari kaldari at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 19:00:26 UTC 2009

I feel really sorry for the folks at BibleWiki. Apparently, the site
was originally CC-licensed. Then they decided to switch to GFDL to
gain Wikipedia compatibility. So they emailed every single contributor
and got permission to relicense everything as GFDL. Problem is, they
only relicensed as GFDL 1.2, not 1.2+. So now we're asking them to
switch back to CC so they can keep compatibility, but no one's sure if
it's even possible. Ack. What a headache!

While I'm on the subject, I would like to give a huge thanks to SJ who
is doing a tremendous job as outreach coordinator. Great work so far!

BTW, I just added another wiki, New World Encyclopedia, to the
outreach page. I'd never heard of it before, but it looks like a
pretty well done Wikipedia fork (that actually has paid staff).

Ryan Kaldari