[Licom-l] Software set up and working

Tim Starling tstarling at wikimedia.org
Thu Apr 9 21:05:27 UTC 2009

Robert Rohde wrote:
> Tim,
>
> One of the things I notice at the vote page is that adding uselang=de,
> etc. to the vote url does not appear to do anything.  Obviously vote
> content for other languages hasn't been added, so that couldn't
> change, but I also don't see any change in the interface messages.
> Hence it appears that having uselang in the url is simply ignored.
>
> Perhaps trying to add a language setting to the url is being
> overridden by whatever is imported from the local wiki when the
> session is created?
>
> The difficulty here is that this implies that there is no language
> fall back except English.  It would be nice if we could include a
> header, similar to what is at [1] that provided a list of available
> languages.  However, giving the user translation options probably
> depends on uselang working in the url.

It uses the language in user preferences, and then falls back to the
vote's primary language, i.e. English. Your mention of fallback reminds
me that it won't properly fall back through the ordinary
language-dependent sequence, e.g. zh -> zh-hans. I'll see if I can do
both features tomorrow.

-- Tim Starling