[Licom-l] Vote sidebar

Robert Rohde rarohde at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 20:31:17 UTC 2009

Since the vote will be hosted on a site that is a full, but empty,
install of mediawiki, that means a sidebar is shown alongside the vote
page.

The default sidebar is of course not very useful since it links
primarily to pages that don't exist.

I see a couple options:

A) We can blank the sidebar.
B) We can invent a new sidebar template requiring more translations (ugh!)
C) We can use the existing content of Template:LU [1] to create a
similar sidebar.

I think C seems like a reasonable option for short notice, and the nav
template LU already exists in 25 languages.

If there are no objections I'll probably work towards C later tonight.

-Robert

[1] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Template:LU