[Licom-l] Launch: still 2 April?

Ryan Kaldari kaldari at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 22:21:01 UTC 2009

What's the new ETA? We really need to get this thing going. Most of
the work involved in this migration can't even begin until the
decision is finalized. Leaving ourselves less than 3 months to deal
with migrating 500+ projects in 100+ languages is crazy. It'll take a
month just to deal with Commons alone. Remember, the GFDL migration
affects files as well as text, and the licensing scheme for files is
not standardized across projects. And that's not even considering
outreach efforts to other wikis. We need a year, not 3 months. If we
cut it much more this is going to be sheer chaos.

Ryan Kaldari