[Labs-l] Running pywikibot on non-CentralAuth wikis using the same tools.xxx instance - is that possible?

MarcoAurelio strigiwm at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 07:57:02 UTC 2017

Hello,

I operate my standard pywikibot via Toolforge. It uses OAuth to work
on Wikimedia sites, so I just need the same OAUth headings for all
projects which are part of the CentralAuth family.

However I'd like to run the bot as well in another Wikimedia site
which is not part of CentralAuth thus in need of new OAuth
credentials.

Currently I am using tools.mabot. I'd like to know if I should create
a new tools.xxx instance to run the bot in that non-CA wiki or I can
continue to use tools.mabot; and if I can continue using tools.mabot,
how should I configure it so when it works for that project it uses
the right credentials?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards, M.