[Labs-l] New features added to toolsadmin.wikimedia.org

Bryan Davis bd808 at wikimedia.org
Thu Jan 26 04:11:42 UTC 2017

The Tool Labs admin console[0] application was updated today with a
series of features that I have been working on over the last three
months.

The major new functionality is an account creation wizard[1] that is
intended to make creating a new Wikitech LDAP account much easier for
new users. Screenshots of the process can be seen on Phabricator[2].
I'll start making edits on Wikitech soon pointing new users to the
improved workflow for getting their initial account created.

The update also includes support for:
* Adding and removing SSH public keys used for logging into Labs instances
* Changing your Wikitech LDAP password
* Enforcing two-factor authentication protection when enabled via Wikitech

The account creation and management features of Tool Labs admin
console work for any Wikitech LDAP account, so feel free to try it out
even if you are not a Tool Labs member.

[0]: https://toolsadmin.wikimedia.org
[1]: https://toolsadmin.wikimedia.org/register/
[2]: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T144710#2674663

Bryan
--
Bryan Davis              Wikimedia Foundation    <bd808 at wikimedia.org>
[[m:User:BDavis_(WMF)]]  Sr Software Engineer            Boise, ID USA