[Labs-l] Reimplementing account expiries

Tim Landscheidt tim at tim-landscheidt.de
Sat Feb 4 21:56:07 UTC 2017

Huji Lee <huji.huji at gmail.com> wrote:

> Another question I have, related to this: are there any audit logs showing
> who accessed a particular file on the projects directory? So as to see who
> was the last "maintainer" of a project?

Not indefinitely and not with that precision; the informa-
tion which user "became" a tool account is logged in
/var/log/auth.log and kept for about a month, but whether a
file was updated by that person, another one or a job of the
tool is not logged (and couldn't be).

But the Labs team is planning on setting up a system (my in-
terpretation and wish:) modelled more closely on sites like
OpenShift, Google App Engine, Heroku,
etc. (cf. https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T136265).  In
that scenario all changes to the source code are logged in a
Git repository and deployments & Co. in some (eternal) log.

Tim