[Labs-l] Storing oauth tokens in a tool account

Maximilian Doerr maximilian.doerr at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 03:00:51 UTC 2017

As long as the information isn't permanently stored, and the storage location is secure, you can go ahead and do that, BUT such storage must be disclosed to the user in a very visible manner, like a tool ToS, similar to what https://tools.wmflabs.org/iabot/ does for first time use, that discloses what it stores, why it's being stored, and how long it's being stored for, so users can make an informed decision on whether or not to use your tool and if they are comfortable with that condition.

Cyberpower678
English Wikipedia Account Creation Team
English Wikipedia Administrator
Global User Renamer