[Labs-l] [Labs-announce] [breaking change] [tool labs] jsub default changed to --release=trusty

Bryan Davis bd808 at wikimedia.org
Wed Oct 26 19:18:22 UTC 2016

On Wed, Oct 26, 2016 at 12:27 PM, MarcoAurelio <strigiwm at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Bryan,
>
> Thank you very much for your answers. They've been quite clear and helpful.
>
> I supose that on some time in the future not adding "-l release=trusty"
> won't throw more error messages on stderr, right?

Possibly. We are currently scheduled to make make "-l release=precise"
fail with a hard error in March 2017 (or earlier if we can get
everyone moved off precise sooner than that). That would be a
reasonable time to drop the implicit release=trusty warning.

Bryan
--
Bryan Davis              Wikimedia Foundation    <bd808 at wikimedia.org>
[[m:User:BDavis_(WMF)]]  Sr Software Engineer            Boise, ID USA