[Labs-l] Disruptive Tools NFS maintenance on 11/2/2016

Madhumitha Viswanathan mviswanathan at wikimedia.org
Fri Oct 21 18:25:22 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 11:13 AM, Legoktm <legoktm.wikipedia at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 10/21/2016 11:00 AM, Madhumitha Viswanathan wrote:
> > * New jobs cannot be submitted for the whole maintenance window - this
> > means submitting jobs through cron or tools-mail will not function,
> > although tools-mail can continue to send emails.
>
> So to be explicit - we won't be able to submit any jobs for 2 days?
>
> Possibly. The window could be shorter depending on the time it takes to
sync the latest changes to tools nfs since the last sync of snapshot
(possibly about 5 days worth of data). We want to set the maintenance
window to be long enough to accommadate a long sync period though. I will
update during the maintenance if it does get over earlier.

> Do let us know if you have any questions or concerns on the lists or on
> > #wikimedia-labs.
>
> What about services like tools-redis? Will that be affected?
>
> Tools-redis doesn't have NFS mounted (
https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Hiera:Tools/host/tools-redis-1001), so
should not be affected by this.

> -- Legoktm