[Labs-l] Issue tracker for diffusion repo?

Bryan Davis bd808 at wikimedia.org
Wed Nov 30 15:40:50 UTC 2016

On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 7:38 AM, Magnus Manske
<magnusmanske at googlemail.com> wrote:
> A few tools seem to have "Tool-Labs-tools-TOOLNAME" tags already?
>
> On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 2:32 PM Chase Pettet <cpettet at wikimedia.org> wrote:
>>
>> Andre,
>>
>> How do you feel about the idea of automatic project creation using some
>> convention such as tools-$foo or some such.  We are ramping up with usage
>> via https://toolsadmin.wikimedia.org/ where management of code with
>> Git/Diffusion is both encouraged and integrated.  It would make some sense
>> to anticipate that code hosted in Diffusion will at some point require
>> associated tasks, and it may be nice to establish a norm now on naming :)

Self-service creation of manifest projects (Phabricator bug tracking)
is a planned feature for Striker. This is tracked in
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T144111>. There isn't strong
consensus one way or the other yet for the project naming scheme. I
proposed `#Tool-<toolname>`. The general existing convention is
`#Tool-Labs-tools-<toolname>`. The existing task would be a good place
for people to continue to discuss the general topic.

Bryan
--
Bryan Davis              Wikimedia Foundation    <bd808 at wikimedia.org>
[[m:User:BDavis_(WMF)]]  Sr Software Engineer            Boise, ID USA