[Labs-l] Database corruption

Russell Blau russblau at imapmail.org
Tue May 24 21:05:18 UTC 2016

Is database corruption considered a priority issue for Labs? The enwiki
database replica has been corrupt since about 30 April; I posted a bug
report[1] on 2 May, but it hasn't even been triaged yet. In the meantime,
there seems to have been further corruption within the past 24-36 hours,
as evidenced by tools that report link counts (based on the replica) that
are highly inaccurate when checked on the live wiki.

I'm surprised this isn't causing problems for other users' tools (or at
least that no one has complained about it). At a minimum, I know that the
pagelinks table in the replica contains entries that don't exist on the
live wiki. I would assume it likely is also missing some entries that do
exist on the live wiki, although this is much harder to confirm. Other
tables may be inaccurate, as well.