[Labs-l] Servers using role::labs::mediawiki_vagrant need manual intervention

Bryan Davis bd808 at wikimedia.org
Thu Jan 21 22:48:02 UTC 2016

The Vagrant managed LXC container setup by
role::labs::mediawiki_vagrant [0] does not automatically restart when
the instance is rebooted. Since everything in Labs was rebooted today
to apply an urgent kernel patch [1] anyone who hasn't yet done so will
need to manually restart their Vagrant containers:

  $ ssh my-instance.eqiad.wmflabs
  $ cd /srv/mediawiki-vagrant
  $ vagrant up

Sorry for the inconvenience. If you have troubles with an instance
that was working before the reboot (or even one that wasn't), come to
#wikimedia-labs for help. Feel free to ping me there (bd808) if you
can't find others available to help. I may not get back to you
immediately but my bouncer will help me find your questions later if
I'm offline for lame things like food and sleep.

[0]: https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:MediaWiki-Vagrant_in_Labs
[1]: https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/labs-l/2016-January/004247.html

Bryan
--
Bryan Davis              Wikimedia Foundation    <bd808 at wikimedia.org>
[[m:User:BDavis_(WMF)]]  Sr Software Engineer            Boise, ID USA