[Labs-l] Query results are inconsistent between DBs

Jaime Crespo jcrespo at wikimedia.org
Mon Jan 18 13:43:51 UTC 2016

Huji Lee,

Thank you for the report. May I ask you to please, please write a
phabricator ticket with the projects "DBA", so we make sure our "one
and only DBA" does not forget about this issue.

Please include the query, host, database, expected results and actual
results, both in production (API) and labs replicas.

Thank you!

On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 2:05 AM, Andrew Bogott <abogott at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> On 1/17/16 4:04 PM, Huji Lee wrote:
>
> How can I ask for that replica to be synchronized? Phabricator task?
>

> Yes, please open a phabricator case. Also be warned that our one and only
> DBA is on holiday so it may be a few days before we're able to address it
> adequately.
>
> -Andrew
>

> On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 8:29 PM, John <phoenixoverride at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Just ran the query across all three DB servers and labsdb1003.eqiad.wmnet
>> is the culprit
>>
>> On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 8:21 PM, Huji Lee <huji.huji at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> When I run this query on Quarry:
>>>
>>> https://quarry.wmflabs.org/query/6855
>>>
>>> I get 17 results, all of which are unused images. When my bot runs the
>>> exact same query, it gets 18 results, as shown on this FA WP page.
>>>
>>> The one extra is
>>> Image:Taylor_Swift_-_Wildest_Dreams_(Official_Single_Cover).png which is NOT
>>> an unused image (it is used in one page on FA WP). It seems the DB instances
>>> that the bot hits is inconsistent. The bot is called HujiBot and is hosted
>>> on Labs servers.
>>>
>>> If you need me to run additional comments to pinpoint the root cause
>>> please let me know.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>>
>>> Huji

Jaime Crespo