[Labs-l] [Tools] New bastion at tools-login.wmflabs.org

tom29739 tom29739onwiki at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 19:33:20 UTC 2016

This is a bad idea because I use tmux to manage my shell. If there is an
autokiller, then I'll have to reopen and get my panes how I like them
again. I may not be working in a pane or I may be running something like
tail to read log files, or something else, so an inactivity killer would
kill all of that.
tom29739, Tool Labs user.

>>* and a shell should automatically terminate on labs,
*>>* if it's been inactive for 30 mintues.
*>
> No. I use mosh to connect to Labs. depening on circumstances such as
> commuting, pause times, and others, the inactiity time may well exceed
> half an hour.
>
> Make it unlimited.
>
> Purodha
>

>> On 04.04.2016 21:54, Maximilian Doerr wrote:
>>* I think the primary problem is that users keep running bot scripts on
*>>* it, when they shouldn't, and I think the easy solution would be to
*>>* implement a killer, which kills all scripts started on tools-login
*>>* when the user logs off, or if it has been running for more than 15
*>>* minutes.  It's okay to run it on -login quickly to understand how it
*>>* will interact with the labs environment, but it's not supposed to be
*>>* permanent.  Another seemingly recurring problem, and I'm guilty of it
*>>* too is when users pointlessly leave shell sessions open.   That's
*>>* also
*>>* a security risk, and a shell should automatically terminate on labs,
*>>* if it's been inactive for 30 mintues.
*>>>>* Just my thoughts.
*>>>>* Cyberpower678
*>>* English Wikipedia Account Creation Team
*>>* Mailing List Moderator
*>>* Global User Renamer