[Labs-l] namespaces

Jaime Crespo jcrespo at wikimedia.org
Thu Nov 19 11:44:30 UTC 2015

On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 12:26 PM, Yetkin Sakal <superyetkin at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Are namespaces stored in replica databases? How can we link the
> page_namespae column in the page table to retrieve the full page name?

The name of the column is not stored on the database (neither on labs dbs
nor in production). There is not such a thing as a canonical name for
namespaces, but you can go to
a) the source code of mediawiki for the predefined names and its
translations to each language
b) our custoom/publicly available configuration for custom names/namespaces
<
https://github.com/wikimedia/operations-mediawiki-config/blob/master/wmf-config/InitialiseSettings.php#L1947

Please note that the same page/namespace can redirect to different names,
depending on the local language:
e.g. https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Portada redirects to
https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discusi%C3%B3n:Portada.

--