[Labs-l] Incremental backups or alternative

Jaime Crespo jcrespo at wikimedia.org
Fri Jun 19 13:01:56 UTC 2015

Hello, Petr,

I am not a labs admin, but...

On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 1:09 PM, Petr Bena <benapetr at gmail.com> wrote:

> Source code should be definitely hosted in git repositories, as for
> databases, if we had some more advanced db's on labs such as postgres,
> there are features like
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/continuous-archiving.html
> which can handle this kind of problems.

If with "some more advanced db" you mean postgres and not mysql:

* MySQL/MariaDB was not affected by the outage
* MySQL/MariaDB has point in time recovery enabled at all time, on all
hosts, labs and non-labs. As recommended reading: <
https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/point-in-time-recovery.html>
* Extra DB redundancy for tools (not only for wiki replicas) will be rolled
in as soon as there is hardware for it (already planned)

Regards,

--
Jaime Crespo
<http://wikimedia.org>