[Labs-l] File server problems?

Daniel Naber naber at danielnaber.de
Mon Jan 26 09:11:01 UTC 2015

On 2015-01-22 05:45, Yuvi Panda wrote:

> Also, we have trusty machines available that are less loaded now. All
> new machines will be trusty, so you can use:
>
> 1. trusty.tools.wmflabs.org to log in / use as bastion
> 2. '-l release=trusty' to jstart/jsub commands to execute your command
> on the trusty exec hosts
> 3. 'webservice2 --release=trusty start' to have your web service run
> on the trusty host.

Has this been tested with Tomcat? It doesn't seem to work for me:

/data/project/languagetool/webservice2 --release=trusty tomcat start
(that webservice2 script is just a copy of the original one so I could
make changes if needed)

The job appears with qstat like this:

job-ID  prior   name       user         state submit/start at     queue
                         slots ja-task-ID
7622395 0.30000 tomcat-lan tools.langua qw    01/26/2015 08:58:56
                             1

But I see no output in the error.log and in the browser where the tool
is supposed to run I get the standard error message I get when Tomcat
isn't running ("No webservice").

Regards
  Daniel