[Labs-l] Getting SIGTERM on grid engine jobs

Merlijn van Deen valhallasw at arctus.nl
Tue Feb 17 22:21:24 UTC 2015

On 17 February 2015 at 21:28, Anthony Di Franco <di.franco at gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried the -ma flag both with and without an argument and jsub and jstart
> reject it, and it doesn't appear in the man pages or command line help for
> either one. Am I missing something, or are you sure you had the right thing
> in mind?

Sorry, that should have been -m a (with a space), which is a qsub parameter
(see man qsub). Jsub is actually a frontend for qsub, so all qsub arguments
should work on jsub as well.
Unfortunately, now that I test it, it doesn't seem to work even with -m a.
This might be because the hosts actually are not allowed to /send/ e-mail,
but I'm not completely sure.

Luckily, qacct also provides most (maybe even all?) of the information,
including maxvmem and exit_status, so I'd suggest to use that instead.

Merlijn