[Labs-l] Backlinks counter for Wikipedia articles?

Navino Evans navino at histropedia.com
Tue Sep 9 22:54:21 UTC 2014

The tool that John has whipped up does the trick perfectly for me, but I
think it would be beneficial for the community to get this up and running
as it has plenty of other options which would cater to various other uses.
It would seem a shame to duplicate any of this work as well.

On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 5:18 PM, Russell Blau <russblau at imapmail.org> wrote:

> John <phoenixoverride <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> > What numbers/data do you want? I can whip up a replacement for it.
>
> On Monday, September 8, 2014, Navino Evans <navino <at> histropedia.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi All,
> > Hi all, does anyone know if there is a tool currently available for
> > counting backlinks to Wikipedia articles via an API? I have been using
> this
> > tool http://dispenser.homenet.org/~dispenser/cgi-bin/backlinkscount.py -
> > but it seems to have finally gone offline completely following some
> recent
> > controversy with user:Dispenser.
> >

> Actually, backlinkscount.py is a public domain file, and I happen to have a
> copy of it. :-) I can either send it to one of you, or, if you don't mind
> waiting a day or two, I can try to put it up under my Tool account.

___________________________

Histropedia
The Timeline for all of History
www.histropedia.com