[Labs-l] Backlinks counter for Wikipedia articles?

Navino Evans navino at histropedia.com
Tue Sep 9 13:58:46 UTC 2014

Once again, a huge thank you for taking the time to do this John - That's
exactly what I was looking for!  - the helpfulness of this community never
ceases to amaze me :)

Hopefully I haven't initiated a journey down the rabbit hole into a fully
fledged muliti-language counting machine ;)

Can I just ask what the limit of reasonable use would be for making API
calls to this new tool? (e.g. number of calls per day)

It would be incredibly useful if we could use it to update the events in
our database once a month (we are using it to rank historical events by
'importance'), but we are already have approximately 1.5 million events so
am aware this may be way beyond what would be acceptable.