[Labs-l] Max connections?

Sean Pringle springle at wikimedia.org
Fri Sep 5 01:43:58 UTC 2014

Labsdb has max_user_connections=512, however that is intended to be a
safety limit to avoid DOS, not a target to aim for :-) We can apply
max_user_connections per account or per host if necessary, but it would be
nice to avoid draconian measures.

Don't plan for 100s of concurrent connections. As a rule of thumb for slow
queries, consider that the servers have 24 cores, so more than 24
concurrent slow queries in mysqld will start to be painful for everyone.

DBA @ WMF