[Labs-l] role::mail::(sender|mx) conflict

Bryan Davis bd808 at wikimedia.org
Thu Oct 9 17:18:36 UTC 2014

On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 11:13 AM, Jeff Green <jgreen at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> Short term the only way forward seemed to be to make deployment-mx its own
> puppetmaster. So I did that, modified local site.pp to leave out
> role::mail::sender, and added beta::puppetmaster::sync so it should stay in
> sync otherwise. Once I generate some labs-use DKIM keys we should be in
> business.
>
> Long term it sounds like heira is the way to go.

I just hope by long term you mean "immediately following this proof of
concept". I really really don't want a special snowflake host in beta
that uses a different set of hacked puppet code than the project wide
hacked puppet code we already have to deal with.

Bryan
--
Bryan Davis              Wikimedia Foundation    <bd808 at wikimedia.org>
[[m:User:BDavis_(WMF)]]  Sr Software Engineer            Boise, ID USA