[Labs-l] Using data from a tool in a Wikimedia site

Darkdadaah darkdadaah at yahoo.fr
Fri Nov 28 11:30:39 UTC 2014

Hi,
I'd like to know if it is possible to use data from a tool in a Wikimedia site?
I created a search tool (based on a database regularly created from a dump) in the Tools Labs: (one example to search pronunciations: https://tools.wmflabs.org/anagrimes/chercher_prononciation.php), but it would be much better I think for users to have it directly integrated in a page in the fr.wiktionary site (e.g. [[Wiktionnaire:Recherche avancée]]). This would only require the use of a dedicated Gadget on the site.

The issue is of course that this would require data to be shared across different domains. So: is it possible to do this (via e.g. CORS), or would it pose security problems? Or are there maybe other better ways to do that?

Thanks,

Darkdadaah @fr.wiktionary