[Labs-l] Ganglia for labs projects

Antoine Musso hashar+wmf at free.fr
Sat May 31 08:07:40 UTC 2014

Le 30/05/2014 16:14, Federico Leva (Nemo) a écrit :
> Hello, is there any plan to restore https://ganglia.wmflabs.org/ ? It's
> been non-functioning for a while now.
>
> When I ran some expensive operation on the dumps project I've always
> kept an eye on ganglia to avoid affecting other people (especially after
> Ryan warned me that I was consuming most of Labs' bandwidth, though that
> should not be a problem now). The physical machines' stats are too
> aggregate, so I may realise mistakes too late. If that's fine, cool. :)

Hello,

Ganglia got broken with the migration to eqiad.  I got a small 1 CPU
instance recreated and adjusted the puppet manifests to point to the new
instance.  Unfortunately, 1 CPU to handle the collect and the
webfrontend is definitely not enough.

I am missing time to investigate it more.  Potentially we could get an
instance for collecting metrics and another one to act as the webfrontend.

If anyone is willing to recreate Ganglia properly, I am willing to help
though I am not going to lead that effort in June.

cheers,

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso