[Labs-l] making Web Port public

Bryan Davis bd808 at wikimedia.org
Wed May 7 15:13:23 UTC 2014

On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 3:44 AM, Dirk Hünniger
<dirk.hunniger at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I got the server running on port 8000 on the machine
> mediawiki2latex.eqiad.wmflabs
> The next thing I want to do is make it publicly available. What do I need to
> do for it? I tried to assign it a public IP but could not make it work.
> Yours Dirk

The easiest thing to do is use
https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:NovaProxy to create a
public name that forwards to your instance via the existing http/https
proxy infrastructure. One great feature of this in my opinion is that
you get ssl for free.

Bryan
--
Bryan Davis              Wikimedia Foundation    <bd808 at wikimedia.org>
[[m:User:BDavis_(WMF)]]  Sr Software Engineer            Boise, ID USA