[Labs-l] Ubuntu 14.04 Image

Andrew Bogott abogott at wikimedia.org
Wed May 7 14:05:08 UTC 2014

On 5/7/14 3:27 AM, Antoine Musso wrote:
> Apparently Andrew Bogott (ops) did some work on this. Labs now has an
> image type labeled 'ubuntu-14.04-trusty (testing)'. So I guess you can
> give it a try and see how it works for you.
That's accurate.  That image looks to be working, but I've barely tested
it.  Filippo (new WMF ops engineer) will be running some tests over the
next few days, and I welcome testing and feedback from other users as
well.  I'd advise against you creating any long-lived instances based on
this image until I have a bit more confidence and I either replace the
image or remove the (testing) flag.

-Andrew