[Labs-l] tools-dev outage?

Marc-André Pelletier mpelletier at wikimedia.org
Fri Sep 27 20:03:26 UTC 2013

On 09/27/2013 03:51 PM, Maarten Dammers wrote:
> I just wanted to reconnect to my screen and it was gone. Looks like the
> server had an outage:

There was, although it was short lived (something consumed all resources
until the server was made unresponsive; it had to be rebooted a bit over
half an hour later) -- chances are that whatever would have been running
on it would have already died by that time.

That said, one should not rely on screen to hold anything valuable in a
non interactive screen session: the bastion are explicitly considered
fungible and replaceable.

-- Marc