[Labs-l] Removal of SQL servers on wikimedia labs bots project

Petr Bena benapetr at gmail.com
Sat Sep 7 09:45:45 UTC 2013

Hi,

It has been several times announced that we deprecated the bots
project and now it is finally time to get rid of most resource
expensive instances, which are the database instaces.

There are 2 sql servers with hostnames:

bots-sql2
bots-bsql01

Both of these servers are active and currently being used by a number
of services (bots, including ClueBot).

Please migrate the databases to tools project ASAP. If you need any
assistance with this, please let me or Coren know.

I would like to schedule a removal of these servers soon, preferably
in 2 weeks (Tuesday 24, Sep).

If there is anyone who can't migrate the database until then, please
let me know so that we can postpone this removal.

So as of now, the both servers are going to be shut down at Monday 16,
Sep and permanently deleted (the contents will be backed up) at
Tuesday 24, Sep.

If you need more time, no problem, but please let me know :-)

Thank you