[Labs-l] etherpad.wmflabs.org is now DOWN. (was: Etherpad Lite labs instance going down in two weeks - backup time)

Mark Holmquist mtraceur at member.fsf.org
Fri Sep 6 18:01:40 UTC 2013

On Fri, Sep 06, 2013 at 09:02:42AM -0700, Mark Holmquist wrote:
> Good California morning, everyone! I will be taking down this instance at
> 18:00 UTC, or 11:00 PST, today. That's in TWO HOURS!
>
> If you have any remaining etherpad documents on the labs instance, now
> is most definitely the time to put them on our shiny new production server
> at https://etherpad.wikimedia.org. If you don't, they will no longer be
> accessible through the web interface - you'll need to contact myself or
> someone else on the project to pull them out of the database.
>
> It's been quite a ride, thanks for coming along, and thanks so much to
> the ops team for their hard work getting the new instance up.

Despite my hatred for timezones and daylight savings time, I've taken this
instance down right on time. If you need anything from the database backup
that I'm about to run, feel free to ping me.

Also I've left a pretty barebones 404 message on the instance for the
stubborn or careless - follow the link to the new instance, please :)

--
Mark Holmquist
Software Engineer, Multimedia
mtraceur at member.fsf.org