[Labs-l] Problems with labsdebrepo

Yuvi Panda yuvipanda at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 01:29:00 UTC 2013

Hello!

I've a couple of debs (nginx ones, built by Andrew Bogott), that I am
trying to install on my labs instance via puppet. I am following the
instructions on
https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Using_debs_in_labs, and got
to the last part, where I actually try to install those.

It doesn't work.

sudo apt-get update complains about not being able to find a file:

W: Failed to fetch file:/data/project/repo/Packages  File not found

E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old
ones used instead.

and apt-cache show does not show my new packages, which are dutifuly
now in /data/project/repo. I can install the debs manually with dpkg
-i, but that feels like defeating the purpose of labsdebrepo, so am
refraining from that for now.

Is something missing? How do I get labsdebrepo to work?

Thanks!

--
Yuvi Panda T
http://yuvi.in/blog