[Labs-l] Connection Error

Brad Jorsch (Anomie) bjorsch at wikimedia.org
Mon Nov 18 14:05:24 UTC 2013

According to your error message, you appear to be trying to connect to
bots-sql2.pmtpa.wmflabs with your Tool Labs database credentials.
That's not a Tool Labs database host, it's a host in the "bots"
project, so it's unlikely your credentials would work. Either use your
credentials for the "bots" project database, or connect to a Tool Labs
database host such as tools-db.pmtpa.wmflabs (note you need the
credentials from your tool for that one) or enwiki.labsdb.

On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 6:16 AM, Tanvi Gupta <tanvi.gupta8 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Merlijn. But after correcting the hostname also, I am getting error.
> Please find the attachment for the error.
>
> Tanvi
>

> On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 4:33 PM, Merlijn van Deen <valhallasw at arctus.nl>
> wrote:
>>
>> On 18 November 2013 11:52, Tanvi Gupta <tanvi.gupta8 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Merlijn,
>>>
>>> I am doing the same and getting this error. My doubt is what would be the
>>> MySql hostname.
>>>
>>> Tanvi
>>>

>> Your error suggests otherwise: "Cannot open SSH Tunnel: Error connecting
>> SSH tunnel: Error connecting to SSH server: [Errno -2] Name or service not
>> known" - so it's the SSH connection that is the issue here. You probably
>> entered  'tools-login at wmflabs.org' as hostname -- it should be
>> 'tools-login.wmflabs.org' instead.
>>
>> Merlijn

> --